The Construction Skills Site Safety Plus Scheme SMSTS Refresher course is designed to refresh the knowledge of existing Site Managers who already hold a SMSTS certificate that is due to expire. It covers relevant legislation changes and other aspects which affect safe working in the building, construction and civil engineering industries. It highlights the need for risk assessment in the workplace, the implementation of the necessary control measures and adequate communication to sustain a health and safety culture among the workforce.
Who Should Attend?
Project managers, site managers and supervisors who have previously passed the full SMSTS course or subsequent SMSTS refresher course and can provide proof of attendance. Delegates must attend the Refresher course prior to the expiry date of their current certificate, otherwise they will be required to re-sit the full 5 Day SMSTS course.
The course is a refresher of the SMSTS course:
- The Health and Safety at Work Act
- Construction Design and Management (CDM) Regulations
- Risk assessments/method statements
- Recent changes in accepted working practices
- Behavioural safety
- Management of occupational health
- Working at height
- Confined spaces.
On successful completion of the SMSTS Refresher course, delegates will be aware of, and able to:
- Implement all health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation which affects them during their daily work
- Implement new guidance and industry best practice
- State their duties and responsibilities with regards to health, safety, welfare and the environment.
Delegates will be awarded the CITB SMSTS certificate, valid for five years.
What You Need
A good understanding of spoken and written English.
Delegates must attend the 2-Day Refresher course prior to the expiry date of their current SMSTS certificate, otherwise they will be required to attend the full 5-Day SMSTS course.