The Construction Skills Site Safety Plus Scheme SSSTS Refresher course is intended for existing Site Supervisors who already hold a certificate that is due to expire. The aim of the SSSTS Refresher course is to refresh their knowledge on health, safety, welfare and environmental issues, as well as their legal responsibilities to supervise effectively.
Who Should Attend?
Site supervisors or those with supervisory responsibilities who currently hold an existing 2 day SSSTS within the scope of renewal requirements.
The SSSTS Refresher course is a refresh of the SSSTS course which covers:
- The Health and Safety at Work Act
- Specific site issues that challenge supervisors on a daily basis
- Effective toolbox talks
- Supervision of occupational health
- Behavioural safety.
On successful completion of the SSSTS Refresher course, delegates will:
- Understand the problems of the industry
- Have an understanding of how health and safety law is structured and how it applies to supervisors
- Identify how their supervisory role fits in with the management structure in controlling the site safely
- Carry out risk assessments and understand the need for method statements
- Carry out effective site inductions, toolbox talks and method statement briefings
- Be able to monitor site activities effectively
- Understand the importance of timely intervention when bad practice is identified.
Delegates will be awarded the CITB SSSTS certificate, valid for five years.
What You Need
A good understanding of spoken and written English.
Delegates must attend the 1-Day Refresher course prior to the expiry date of their current SSSTS certificate, otherwise they will be required to attend the full 2-Day SSSTS course.