The Construction Skills Site Safety Plus Scheme SSSTS course is intended for those who have, or are about to acquire, supervisory responsibilities. It provides supervisors with an understanding of health, safety, welfare and environmental issues, as well as their legal responsibilities relevant to their work activities. It will highlight the requirement to promote health and safety to supervise effectively.
Who Should Attend?
Site supervisors or those with supervisory responsibilities would benefit from the SSSTS course.
On successful completion of the SSSTS course, delegates will:
- Understand the problems of the industry
- Have an understanding of how health and safety law is structured and how it applies to supervisors
- Identify how their supervisory role fits in with the management structure in controlling the site safely
- Carry out risk assessments and understand the need for method statements
- Carry out effective site inductions, toolbox talks and method statement briefings
- Be able to monitor site activities effectively
- Understand the importance of timely intervention when bad practice is identified.
Delegates will be awarded the CITB SSSTS certificate, valid for five years.
What You Need
A good understanding of spoken and written English.